Friday, August 22, 2008

Island Park, ID- My second home



My favorite place in the world-besides Disneyland- is Island Park, ID. The cabin, fishing, Big Springs, Coffeepot, Bill's Island, Henry's Lake, Max Inn, Dean Green's, Phillips 66, Elk Creek, Robin's Roost, floating down the river, playing cards, etc.

This was the last trip we got to take with my Dad before he passed away. My Dad had just bought me a pink fishing pole for my birthday and we went fishing at coffeepot. My third cast out, I got snagged and pulled my rod to try and get my line free. At that moment, my rod snapped in half and floated down stream. I felt so bad that my Dad's gift to me broke-but he just laughed and said, "Don't worry, either you or the rod is defective!" I think I will always remember this time fishing with my dad.

1 comment:

corrine said...

stef, this is such a sweet post. i am so glad you were able to make such good memories with your dad. i have been thinking about you and praying for you a lot lately and hope you are doing well!